Join the Honors Faculty
The Honors College invites inquiries from all interested KSU faculty to teach in the Honors Program. Opportunities include:
- teaching an honors section of a general education course
- teaching a special topics Honors Seminars (3 credits)
- teaching a 1-credit, pass/fail Honors Colloquium, that typically meets once a week or every other week
- teaching a five week Honors Discovery course
All honors courses feature small class sizes and opportunities for faculty to involve students in collaborative, creative, experiential or interdisciplinary work that may not be possible in larger classes. We have a particular need for special topics courses. These enable faculty to focus on an area that is a particular passion for them. The attached handout provides more information about expectations for Honors teaching.
Course Proposal Information
Faculty who have not taught a KSU Honors course who wish to be considered for Honors teaching, or experienced Honors faculty who wish to propose a new course not previously taught should complete the Course Proposal Form. As a general guideline, proposals to teach an honors course in Summer or Fall semester should be returned by the first day of classes of the prior Spring term. Proposals to teach an honors course in Spring semester should be returned by the first day of class of the prior Fall semester. Decisions about course offerings will be based on focus of the proposal, program needs and enrollment projections, and instructor qualifications. Priority will be given to full-time faculty with a track record of teaching excellence. All honors faculty must have support of their department chairs.
If you'd like to propose an Honors Discovery course, please click here.
Questions may be directed to:
- Dr. Lynn Stallings, Interim Director, University Honors Program, Kennesaw campus, 470-578-4477, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kami Anderson, Associate Director, University Honors Program, Marietta campus, 470-578-3931, email@example.com
Distinguished Honors Faculty Award
Established in 2016, this annual award recognizes an honors faculty member for contributions to the Honors College through highly effective teaching and mentoring of honors students. The award will be presented at the annual Honors College Recognition Luncheon, held each spring.
For award criteria, click here.