Eligibility and Application
Please note that all students interested in applying for admission to the University Honors Program must first apply and be accepted into Kennesaw State University. Until a student has been accepted into KSU, his or her application will be placed in our “pending file” while the KSU Admissions Office makes its admissions decision.
Prospective students who wish to receive priority registration privileges in the upcoming Fall 2017 semester must submit their application for consideration by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 9th. No exceptions can be made to this deadline.
First-year students applying for admission to the University Honors Program must have
- An unweighted GPA of at least 3.5 in their college prep curriculum (CPC) classes, as calculated by the KSU Admissions Office.
- An SAT score equal to or greater than 1150 (Critical Reading score plus Math score) on the old SAT, or an SAT score equal or greater to 1220 (Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score plus Math score) on the new (2016 or later) SAT, or an ACT score equal to or greater than 25
- An application with essay assessed to be satisfactory
Dual Enrollment Honors Students
If you participated in KSU's DEHP Program and are graduating from high school, your eligibility criteria for the University Honors Program is based on how many college credit hours you have completed:
- Students who have earned less than 15 credit hours are subject to the same eligibility requirements as first-year students, with the exception of test scores. A minimum SAT score of 1100 (Reading and Math combined) on the old SAT, or an ACT composite score of 24 is required.
- Students who have earned 15 credit hours or more must have a KSU GPA of 3.25 or greater.
- All DEHP students must submit an application with an essay assessed to be satisfactory.
Current KSU Students
Students with a GPA of 3.25 who have completed at least 15 credit hours, but no more than 45, are invited to apply to the University Honors Program. All currently enrolled KSU students must submit an application with an essay assessed to be satisfactory.
- Students who have completed at least 15 credit hours, but no more than 45, must have an adjusted GPA for their major as noted above to be considered for admission to the University Honors Program.
- Students must submit an application with an essay assessed to be satisfactory.
To apply for admission to the University Honors Program, students must complete the following application and required essay. The application, essay and list of extracurricular activities should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received your application and supporting documentation, we will review your materials. You will receive an email notification when an admissions decision has been reached.
- Click here for University Honors Program application