Mission and Vision
KSU Journey Honors College is to be a nationally recognized leader in attracting and retaining highly talented, motivated students and educators by providing excellent programs and experiences that allow both students and educators to expand their intellectual curiosity, excel in their academic achievements, and develop a culture of service, leadership and global awareness.
The Mission of KSU Journey Honors College is to recruit and retain diverse, highly motivated, and academically talented students, offering them opportunities to participate in intellectual challenges; enhanced academic experiences; and community engagement, leadership and global activities to support their development as individuals and contributing members of their various communities.
The 8 Foundations of Honors Learning:
The 8 Foundations of Honors Learning at KSU Journey Honors College are:
- Critical Thinking
- Interdisciplinary Learning
- Appreciation of Diverse Viewpoints
- Information Fluency
- Creativity and Innovation
- Effective Communication
KSU Journey Honors College Outcomes:
- Provide academically talented students with unique and diverse Honors experiences in addition to their regular program of study.
- Support faculty who participate in teaching and mentoring Honors students.
- Provide a variety of scholarships for Honors students.