Wellstar Tom and Betty Phillips Elite Honors Nursing Scholars
This elite program synthesizes the resources and opportunities of the KSU Journey Honors College, Wellstar Health System, and Wellstar School of Nursing to create a rigorous and unique Honors cohort experience. Upon admission to the Tom and Betty Philips Elite Nursing Cohort, students receive an associated scholarship in the amount of $2000 each academic year for up to four years. Cohort membership includes privileged attendance at events and special programs at the Wellstar School of Nursing, some of whichprovide valuable information about the nursing program and becoming a nurse.
Students receive all the benefits of Honors learning in addition to exclusive nursing opportunities including:
- Conditional acceptance to the Wellstar School of Nursing as a freshman
- Access to Wellstar Honors Mentor and Wellstar Nurse Navigator
- Student Mentorship opportunities
- Opportunities to shadow specialty RNs
- Opportunities to observe Wellstar Shared Governance Committee Meetings
- Opportunities to shadow a Nurse Executive/CNO
Scholarship and cohort membership eligibility must be maintained by meeting the following stipulations:
- Remain in good academic standing as determined by committees from KSU Journey Honors College and the Wellstar School of Nursing.
- Maintain a minimum KSU institutional GPA of 3.25.
- Reapply for the scholarship yearly by completing the KSU Scholarship Universe Application by the deadline of March 1st.
- Apply for the Wellstar School of Nursing Traditional BSN Program per the mandated cohort deadline by the designated deadline. (Note: If you apply for a semester other than the semester listed in your offer letter, you will not be granted conditional acceptance and you will forfeit this scholarship).
How to Apply
The application deadline for Fall 2023 cohort admission is March 1, 2023
- Review all the criteria and eligibility to participate in the Wellstar Tom and Betty Phillips Elite Honors Nursing Scholars.
- On your Kennesaw State University Application, indicate interest in the KSU Journey
- Complete all related questions in the KSU Journey Honors College tab of the application
- Indicate interest in the Wellstar Tom and Betty Phillips Elite Honors Nursing Scholars and complete the essay prompt.
- For Wellstar consideration, you must be accepted to both Kennesaw State University
and KSU Journey Honors College on or before March 1, 2023.
- Wellstar Tom and Betty Phillips Elite Honors Nursing Scholars Application review begins on March 2
- Students accepted to Kennesaw State University and KSU Journey Honors College after March 1 will not be considered for the Cohort.
- KSU Journey Honors College recommends that prospective students submit their complete Kennesaw State University application four weeks prior to the Wellstar Tom and Betty Phillips Elite Honors Nursing Scholars deadline for best consideration.